Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ode to Jeffrey

*Surprise surprise, I am behind on blogging again. That is the theme for this year I guess, behind on blogging. I refuse to stop blogging, because I love the memories. Just know all of my posts for at least a little while will be weeks over due. I am no longer making excuses. I have accepted that this is how it will be, and I am ok with it. ;) Also, I am addicted to pictures. I think a minimum of twenty pictures is required for all of my posts. So always be prepared for picture overload!

I have two awesome graduations to blog about. I’ll address them in the order that they occurred.

First, was my brother Jeff’s. This kid sailed through High School and he did it with style. Seriously, he is the coolest 18 year old that I know. When I was in High School, I was a mess! I barley made it out of their alive and I had no clue who I was. I spent four years fighting the battle between who I was supposed to be in the eyes of my friends vs. who I really should be in the eyes of my family and religion. With both sides being so conflicting, by Senior year I had exploded and I don’t think my friends nor my family(especially my mom) knew what to do with me. I couldn’t wait to escape to college. Even then it took me four years of college and a year of living on my own to finally feel comfortable in my own skin.

$

Not this kid. I am in awe of how confident and how together he is. And the awards this kid has won are ridiculous. Every time I go to my parents house, there is a new one bigger and better than the last. (You want to know the awards I won in high school. Business student of the year. I guess that one is cool. Although, when they were about to announce the winner, I leaned over to my friend sitting next to me and said, “that’s me.” And she laughed and said “yeah right!”  The other award I got was for painting a mural on the gym wall. They announced that at my graduation. The only problem… I didn’t paint it.)

Voted best male voice in his senior class. Given the award for best actor in a musical. He was a valedictorian- top 10% of his class. I could go on…

  DSC04705Brother's Graduations1

Just after getting his diploma.

227574_10150242803119245_563464244_8867375_3056718_nBrother's Graduations

Here he is singing Don’t Stop, by Fleetwood Mac while rockin the Mickey ears!

 DSC04677Brother's Graduations2 

Jeff you are a great brother!

DSC04690

A wonderful uncle!

DSC04687 

A fabulous son…

DSC04691

…who will always welcome kisses from your mother ;)

DSC04693

and a fun friend.

DSC04728DSC04722 

Congrats Jeff!

    DSC04734

We are big fans of you over at this Hunt house!

2011-05-17 13.20.12

And in 17 years I will have my very own High School graduate, but I don’t like to think about that.

DSC04700 DSC04701 DSC04703

No comments: