Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Not Ready to Let Go

I know that in my last post I said to bring on Fall, but I lied. I don't want it. I'm not ready yet. Which is surprising because I usually love, Love, LOVE Fall! Fall colors are my favorite, plus that means sweater season and I love sweaters! Also it means Halloween is getting closer. Halloween, my third favorite holiday behind Christmas and Valentines day, of course. (It used to be my second favorite, but once Valentines day basically became my anniversary Halloween got bumped down a spot. Wow! I am sounding more and more ridiculous as I write this!)

Anyway, I can't seem to let go of Summer this year. I don't want to let go of my lazy Summer days. I don't want to let go of my sunny walks with my sweaty stroller baby. I don't want to let go of the warm sun on my face as I lay by the pool. I don't want to let go of my cozy afternoons spent on the front porch swing. I want to keep Summer forever.

So this past weekend as I was staring into the inevitability- the changing leaves...


I couldn't help but cling to every last bit of Summer...

and think life is good. And with my boys it will be good no matter what season.

Now let's skip Fall and bring on the Winter. I am getting ski hungry.

No comments: