Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Call me Mrs. Hunt...



In my first year of teaching I was at a public school and they called me Ms. Wray. Then, in my second year of teaching I was at a private school and they called me Ms. Angela. Now in my third year of teaching I will be at a charter school and the students will call me Mrs. Hunt. Yes, it is official... I have a new job! After two days of interviewing with principals and other teachers, I have accepted a position teaching 6th grade at Platte River Academy. It is a charter school out in Highlands Ranch, CO. It means that my commute will be a little longer but that will just give me time to listen to more audio books(I haven't been a radio fan in a while.) Since it is a charter school that means that it is still part of a school district, it just gets to play by different rules. It is a great school, with a rigorous academic philosophy that I am a big supporter of, and the students even have to wear uniforms. The best part about it all is that the majority of my teaching will be in social studies... which is my favorite! I couldn't be more excited!

3 comments:

Honey said...

Congratulations Angela, we are so happy for you! It sounds like a great position - way to go!

Christina said...

Congratulations!

Topsy said...

Congratulations Mrs. Hunt!