Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Year Ago Yesterday...

Exactly one year ago yesterday, we moved into our very first home!



Don't you love it! I do! Ok, I know that it is not everyones style but, it is the prefect home for Aaron and I. We can't imagine ever having to leave.

Last Year Aaron and I started looking at homes to get a feel for what we liked. We weren't too serious about finding a place to buy, but then we walked into this home and we knew it was the one for us. The home had been on the market for 2 days. There was already another offer on the home. So we quickly made our own offer and magically we beat out the other offer that was higher than ours. Sweet! We closed on the house on July 6, refinished some of the floors, and then moved in on July 17!

Now shortly after moving in I found out that I was pregnant. Then shortly after that I got ridiculously sick. So I gave myself one year to have the house unpacked and decorated. Which turned out to be about to be the prefect deadline because we moved in, in July and we didn't start unpacking until December. Now the house is almost complete. Everything is decorated except our bedroom. Hopefully that will be completed soon! I have some great ideas in mind, I just have to find time to put them into action.

There is so much that I love about where we live...

-I love that it is just 2 minutes from downtown.
-I love the diversity of the neighborhood. From the people to the homes no one is exactly alike.
-I love our friendly next door neighbors and how they adore Ethan.
-I love the lady two houses down. I love that ever since her husband died 7 years ago she just sits on her front porch everyday. I like to think that she is waiting for him to come home. - Although don't park in front of her side walk. She will leave you a nasty note on your car.
-I love how many families live on our street. There are tons of babies and young kids. At anytime I could look out the window and see a stroller passing by.
-I love how we live down the street from the hospital. Convenient! Also it is funny to see Doctors and nurses just strolling by every once in a while. I think they like to take walks on their breaks.
-I love how close we are to City Park, the Denver Zoo, Nature and Science Museum and City Park Golf Course. All within walking distance.
-I love the trees!

And I could keep going on and on.

Now what is it that I love about the house itself? I'll show you. This week in honor of our one year home anniversary, I will be taking you on a tour of our home. Each day I will share with you a different room in the house. So get excited!

Tomorrow, Dining Room...

No comments: